Dr Theologos Dergiades
Theologos Dergiades holds a Ph.D. degree in Economics from the Economic Department of the University of Macedonia, M.Sc. degree in Econometrics and Finance from the Economic Department of the University of York (UK) and a B.Sc. in Economics from the University of Macedonia.
While a Ph.D. candidate, Theologos Dergiades was employed in various positions, such as a teaching econometrics, applied econometrics, statistics and mathematics in graduate and under-graduate level. Additionally he worked as a researcher as well as an administrator in various research projects.
After the completion of his Ph.D. he also worked as a post-doc research fellow in the Department of Economics and Management in the Cyprus University of Technology.
His primary research fields of interest are the following: macroeconomics, time series econometrics and forecasting, energy and environmental economics.
- Kontopoulos E., Berberidis C., Dergiades T. and Bassiliades N. (2013). Ontology-based Sentiment Analysis of Twitter Posts. Forthcoming, Expert Systems with Applications.
- Dergiades, T. and Tsoulfidis, L. (2011). Revisiting Residential Demand for Electricity in Greece: New Evidence from the ARDL Approach to Cointegration Analysis. Forthcoming, Empirical Economics.
- Tsintsos, P. and Dergiades, T. (2011). Uncertainty in the Public Debt Market and Stochastic Long-Run Growth. Economic Modelling, 28, 67-73.
- Dergiades, T. and Dasilas, T. (2010). Modelling and Forecasting Mobile Telecommunication Services: The Case of Greece. Applied Economics Letters, 17, 1823-1828.
- Dergiades, T. and Tsoulfidis, L. (2008). Estimating Residential Demand for Electricity in the United States, 1965-2006. Energy Economics, 30, 2722-2730.
- Dergiades, T. and Tsoulfidis, L. (2007). A New Method for the Estimation of Capacity Utilization: Theory and Empirical Evidence from 14 EU Countries. Bulletin of Economic Research, 59, 361-381.
- Dergiades, T. and Tsoulfidis, L. (2007). Estimating Capacity Utilization Using a SVAR Model: An application to the US and Canadian Economies. Economics Bulletin, 5, 1-12.
- Dergiades, T. and Tsoulfidis, L. (2006). The inflation-Capacity Utilization Conundrum: Evidence from the Canadian Economy. Applied Econometrics and International Development, 6, 73-88.